Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will best use it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is MoveHomeFaster Ltd of Lea House, 5 Middlewich Road, Sandbach, Cheshire, CW11 1XR. Data Protection Registration number: ZA250433.
1. What information do we collect?
We collect certain personally identifying data about you when you submit a request for a quote for the services promoted on our Site. This includes information such as name and address, your email address, your property type and enquiry details. We may also ask you for other optional information that may be required in order to give you a more accurate quote. If you choose to give us this information, we will use it to help us to tailor the quote and services we provide to cater to your needs and preferences through your enquiry.
We do not make it compulsory to give us every item of information we ask for, the more accurate details you volunteer, the better we can personalise the quote and suggest Service Partners for you.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys and feedback surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
We may collect details of transactions you carry out through our site and via our Service Providers.
We may also collect details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
The Site does not automatically capture or store personally identifying information relating to visitors to this Site other than to log the IP address of visitors (the unique address associated with your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server and basic session details generated by visitors to this Site. We do not associate this data with any personally identifying information from another source. We may from time to time supply the owners or operators of third party sites from which it is possible to link to our Site with information on the number of users linking to our Site from their sites. You cannot be personally identified by those sites from this information.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Once you have clicked on these links we do not have any control over the websites at which you will arrive. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites. You should look at the privacy statement applicable to the website(s) in question.
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
2.How to find out what personal information we hold about you
Under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) you’re entitled to ask us:
• if we’re processing your personal data
• to give you a description of the data we hold about you, the reasons why we’re holding it and any recipient we may disclose it to
• for a copy of your personal data and any details of its source
You’re also entitled to ask us to change the information we hold about you, if it is wrong.
If you want to see your personal data, you should make a ‘subject access request’. If you want more information about how we process your personal data, contact us by emailing us at email@example.com.
Please be as specific as you can about the information you’re asking us about. If possible, state which team/solicitor is holding the information and why.
Before we can consider your request, we’ll need to check your identity and your right to access the information you’re requesting. This means we may ask you to supply us with a copy of the identification pages of your current passport or photo driving licence. We may also ask you for proof of your current address.
3. How is this information used?
The information we collect can be used to:
- Customise the Service we provide to you to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you to assist with your enquiry.
- Fulfil your enquiry and send you information you request on the Site that relate to the promoted services.
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Generate statistics about our Site visitors and users of the Services promoted therein.
- Collect broad demographic information to allow us to improve the content of our web pages
- Administer enquiries or orders submitted to us by you
- Verify your identity and authenticate your enquiry
- Conduct surveys and market research
- Send you information about products and services that may interest you, if you have agreed to us doing so.
- Allow, with your consent, carefully selected third parties to send you information directly which you may find useful regarding their products and services.
4. Disclosure of Information
By providing us with your details, we may disclose your personal information to any of our service partners promoted on our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If MoveHomeFaster Limited is subsequently acquired by a third party all personal data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred data assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
There may be some circumstances where we’ll need to share information about you with others without your consent. For example, this might be to prevent or detect a crime, or to produce anonymised statistics for research purposes. In all cases, we’ll comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site if you do so.
- collecting statistical analytics to allow us to access aggregates demographic and audience data from online behaviour. This information is anonymous. It is used only for us to assess the effectiveness of the Site and see how different groups of users use and respond to the site, and in no way allow us to track people individually. You may opt out of this tracking by disabling cookies within your browser.
- To track that you have used the Site before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to different parts of the Site;
- To optimise our website to display what you would find helpful and interesting.
6. With whom is your information shared?
If you have agreed to us doing so we may share your information with our promoted Services so that they can provide information to you about products and services that may interest you. This may be by email and/or telephone. If at any time you do not wish us to share your information in this way, then contact us using the details set out at the beginning of this policy above.
We may evaluate the analytics of our Site visitors and users of our promoted Services in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
This Site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites and recommend that you check the policy of such third party sites and contact the owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with please contact us. You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we store about you (for which we may charge a small fee).
If you wish us to stop sending you information about products and services that may interest you, or passing your data to our trusted partners so that they may do so, then you should contact us using the details above and let us know.